1. Know the symptoms of burnout, including chronic exhaustion, sleep changes, depression, loss of concern and empathy, feelings of anger and resentment.
2. Keep healthful, easy-to-fix meals and snacks on hand, so you can re-energize yourself with good nutrition.
3. Know your limits and respect them.
4. Identify the things you have control over and tackle them. Find ways to let go of the things you can’t control.
5. Learn to manage stress in healthful ways: use exercise, stretching, laughter, hobbies and other positive strategies.
6. Every workday brings triumphs and failures. Savor the triumphs and move beyond the failures.
7. Watch your back! Do the necessary things to keep you well and pay attention to things that are hazardous to your health, both illness and injury hazards.
8. Look for ways to continue growing professionally and building confidence in your skills.
9. Make time for your family and loved ones. When you look back on your life, those moments will be the ones you treasure.
10. Apply to yourself the good advice you give others every day!
Pink Biz Note: Go the extra mile for yourself so that you’ll look extraordinarily beautiful and well-cared for as you present yourself in your Mary Kay business. Women can tell the difference!! Be kind to thyself sister consultants!!