Simply great TIP OF THE WEEK by www.toolsyoucanuse.net. It came across my email, and I didn’t want it to get lost among the multitudes of messages to my inbox or files. Informative information to refer to more than once. Our customers deserve excellent customer service. Building Customers for Life!
My Top 19 Customer Service Tips
by Laura A. Schmidt
1. Getting the products to the customers:
· Have padded mailing envelopes ready at all times. The least expensive place to purchase these is on the Mary Kay Order Form – Section 2.
· You can also get FREE Priority Mail boxes from the U.S. Post Office. They will give you a few, and then you can ask them for a form to order more. They are delivered to you FREE.
· Save packing peanuts that you get in your product orders in gallon-sized ziplock bags. They’re easy to toss in a closet for storage, and a manageable size. You can use these to pack the Priority Mail boxes.
· Create mailing labels with your name and address, and put them on standard-sized ‘security’ envelopes. Put them in your product orders that you mail or drop off. It’s a reminder for your customers to send a check.
· Get the penny out of the eye to see the $. Yes, mailing it costs money. But, your time is valuable! Consider that your time is worth at least $50 per hour. One delivery that’s not-too-far-away costs so much more than mailing an expensive package. Only deliver if there is a chance to sell more products (up-sell), or layer for booking or recruiting. If she’s not going to be home, there is NO value in you being the one to drive there. Hire someone to do close deliveries, or mail it.
· Use a spiral notebook to log the names of the people you mail products to, and the date they were mailed. That way, you’ll be able to go back and verify what was mailed, if someone doesn’t receive their order.
· Have a ‘drop box’ in front of your house.
1. Your family deserves the privacy
2. Customers don’t always have the ‘chat’ time that stopping by would take
3. You can’t afford to be interrupted when you’re on a booking or recruiting phone call.